Over the past couple of weeks, fellow bloggers have tempted me with the following books:
- Besides the Sea by Véronique Olmi – This book about a single mother and her children left Savidge Reads “stunned and slightly shaken”. What more can one ask from a writer? Check out his review here. It is translated from the French by Adriana Hunter.
- Waiting for Columbus by Thomas Trofimuk – Amy Reads’ review piqued my interest. It is about a man who washes up on the Spanish shore claiming to be Columbus.
- The Great Perhaps by Joe Meno – A portrayal of an American family. It is highly recommended by Farm Lane Books.
- Piano by Jean Echenoz – Winstonsdad’s blog called it strange, briliantly surreal and quirky.It is translated from the French by Mark Polizzotti.
- The Halfway House by Guillermo Rosales – A story about a writer. The Boston Bibliophile called it heartbreaking, challenging and disturbing. Right up my alley!
Have you read any of these books? Do any of these books sound interesting to you?