I’m participating in the 2010 Blog Improvement Project. The assignment for week 5 was to write one post for each of the 14 types of blog posts listed below. I’ve completed the assignment 😀 Here is the list of posts that I wrote for each type:
- A Link Post – I wrote about adding books to my wishlist
- A Short Post (less than 200 words) – I talked about not being able to write a review for a book that I loved.
- A Poll Post – I polled my readers on how they felt about short stories.
- A Long Post (more than 700 words) – my review of The Stone Virgins was quite long.
- A Personal Post – I talked about my love for perfumes
- A Resource Post – I presented a guide on finding short stories on the web
- An Interview or a Guest Post – I interviewed Stu of Winstonsdad’s blog
- A Profile or Case Study – I posted a pictorial case study of personal libraries
- A Review Post – see my review of The Time of the Doves
- A How-to Post – on becoming an expert at Sudoku
- A Post Contrasting two Different Options – on call and response poems
- An Opinion Post – my biased views on an Inter Milan vs Barcelona match
- A Collation Post – I forecast my impressions of a book before reading it.
- A List Post – well, this is the list post.
I’m so glad that I did this assignment. It was a lot of work and since I don’t like writing under pressure, I found it challenging at times. But it was well worth the effort. I recommend this event and especially this assignment to all book bloggers. You can join the project anytime while it’s ongoing. I do hope that it continues every year. My thanks to Kim at Sophisticated Dorkiness and Jackie at Farm Lane Books Blog for hosting the project.