I’m going to try this year to post monthly summaries and plans for my reading.
I read 5 books in January:
- Fly Away Peter by David Malouf (a reread)
- The History of Love by Nicole Krauss (for Orange January)
- Tirra Lirra by the River by Jessica Andersen (for Australian Literature Month)
- Every Man is a Race by Mia Couto
- The Chase by Alejo Carpentier (which I started during last October’s read-a-thon but failed to finished)
Such thought-provoking reads. But, I’m already behind on reviews.
I started reading Sudden Fiction International: 60 Short Short Stories edited by Robert Shapiro and James Thomas. I enjoyed the first seven stories and look forward to working my way through the anthology.
I announced the Africa Reading Challenge and I’m very encouraged by the response.
I entered eight reading challenges. I’ll add a couple more this month and officially enter the Africa Reading Challenge, which sounds a bit like cheating!
The selected reading pool for February is:
- Of Human Bondage by W. Somerset Maugham
- The Book of Chameleons by Jose Eduardo Agualusa
- Omon Ra by Victor Pelevin
- Glorious Nemesis by Ladislav Klima
- Evening is the Whole Day by Preeta Samarasam
- The Word Tree by Teolinda Gersao
- Contemporary African Short Stories edited by Chinua Achebe and C.L. Innes
How was your reading in January? What are your plans for this month?