(Link Gems is a round-up of interesting articles and essays from around the web).
This is my first list of 2012. It’s more like a dump of links that I’ve been hoarding. Still, there are a number of interesting articles here.
- There are no happy writers: Novelist Jamaica Kincaid
- Ben Okri ‘disappointment’ at editor he claims re-wrote his work
- You Lazy (Intellectual) African Scum!
- Charles Dickens’s Inner Child
- 25 Things Writers Should Stop Doing Right Now
- Amazon’s Plagiarism Problem
- An end to bad heir days: The posthumous power of the literary estate
- An Uprising of Words
- Are you ashamed of skipping parts of books?
- Writing Adrift in the World (not how I view world literature, of course)
- Why Do People Buy Books They Don’t Read?
- The Story Behind the Story: An Appreciation of Authors’ Acknowledgments
- The Politics of Art: Middle Eastern Women in Fiction and Film
- The Messenger (Te-Nehesi Coates on Ron Paul)
- The Big Reasons Indie Authors Aren’t Taken Seriously
- A better foreign policy in literature
- My father is a motor car: Reuben Abati, GEJ, and the Addis Ababa fiasco By Pius Adesanmi
- Over 3 years later, “deleted” Facebook photos are still online
- The vagabond king (about former Sierra Leonean President Valentine Strasser)
- Cory Doctorow: It’s Time to Stop Talking About Copyright
- Is Google Making Us Stupid?
- Victorian Lagos and Modernity
- Book ends and new beginnings in (African) Publishing
- Soccer’s Heavy Boredom
- Cesarean Nation
- Everyone Is an Immigrant
- The gift of tongues
I’m going to start going through these- looks like some great content. the ben okri link particularly intrigues me!
great selection Kinna ,all the best stu
Thanks for the links, Kinna. I’m going to read the Vagabond King. I read You Lazy Intellectual African Scum, a ratehr thought provoking article, though I didn’t agree with all the points raised. BTW, don’t forget my blog.
The title makes it seem as if it is Okri who claims the editor had re-worked his dialogue rather than the editor claiming he did and Okri challenging him.
Seen Maugham on your lined up list, reading his Theatre currently.
Thanks Kinna for these links. I open those that interest me and read them one story at a time for weeks. It helps.
Comments are closed.