Bessie Head would have turned 76 on July 6, 2013. There will be a week-long celebration of her life and her work during the week of July 6-12 here at Kinna Reads.
I will discuss her books and her life. Feel free to join in the celebration. You can read one, two, three or all of her work if you can get a hold of them. And you can post on any day of that week. Do contact me if you would like to guest post on Bessie Head. Or you can come by here and celebrate with me. Two other bloggers, ImageNations and Mary Okeke Reviews, will join in the festivities.
- When Rain Clouds Gather (1968)
- Maru (1971)
- A Question of Power (1974)
- Looking for a Rain God (1977)
- The Collector of Treasures and Other Botswana Village Tales (1977)
- Serowe: Village of the Rain Wind (1981)
- A Bewitched Crossroad (1984)
- Tales of Tenderness and Power (1989)
- A Woman Alone: Autobiographical Writings (1990)
- A Gesture of Belonging: Letters from Bessie Head, 1965-1979 (1991)
- The Cardinals (1993)
Everyone is invited!