Tomorrow, November 11, marks the start of Ghanaian Literature Week. I will focus on literature from Ghana and on other Ghanaian literary and bookish issues. My plan for this year includes:
- Ghanaian stories for Short Monday
- Reviews of works by Kojo Laing, Efua Sutherland and Boakyewaa Glover
- Focus on the poetry of Kofi Awoonor
- A look at the state of Children’s literature in Ghana
- A side eye to Ghanaian non-readers
- A giveaway or two.
- Guest posts (Please let me know if you’d like to post on this blog during the week)
It should be fun. As happens a lot on this blog, specific plans are subject to change!
Do join in if you can. The full post on the “rules” of participation here: Ghana Lit Week.
For ideas on what you can read, please see the wrap-up posts for the two previous editions of Ghanaian Literature Week:
It’s ten days into this National (US) Blog Posting Month, NaBloPoMo and I’m already behind by two days. All I can say is that it takes a lot of planning (pre and post) and execution of those plans to succeed at the daily posting thing. It’s early days though and I may still prevail!
Happy reading and do drop by sometime during next week’s celebrations.
I hope to join in but will just be a short story review ,all the best stu
[…] This Sunday, on the Eve of Ghanaian Literature Week (kinnareads.wordpress.com) […]
Comments are closed.